When I speak of spirituality and spiritual growth I am talking about an inner awareness that you have about yourself. I am not talking about rebirth, reincarnation or any other magical or paranormal thinking. Embarking on a spiritual journey involves getting more connected with yourself and having faith in you. When you become more spiritual and develop more awareness and learn to love yourself it instantly brings back good results to you and your life. It also gives you confidence to achieve dreams and goals that you never thought possible. By starting your spiritual growth journey you will find that your world will become known to you in a different perspective. Your health will become better, your relationships more loving and fulfilling and your career will flourish.
There are 5 specific steps that you can follow to gain some spiritual insight and awareness. They are;
1. Learn to love yourself.
2. Let the light in and spread it to others.
3. Allow yourself to take advantage of your imagination.
4. Allow abundance, good and love in your life.
5. Communicate thoughtfully from your soul
1. The most important and first thing to learn is to love yourself. Get to know yourself and love everything about you. Learn to love even your negative traits and imperfections about yourself. You must care enough about yourself and love all of you. This is the first step in a spiritual journey, one which help you to empower yourself to higher places.
2. Let the light in. Each day when you awaken, decide that it will be a wonderful day and there is potential for great things to come your way. Show your lightness to other people and soon it will pass on to them. Have you ever encountered someone that seemed unhappy and rude? Did you ever try to show them kindness, optimism and gentleness? It works! Try it when you encounter someone who is disgruntled about something. It seems natural for us to try to defend ourselves or act the same way back to the person, but it will not help matters. Spread the light and good energy, it can’t help but continue coming back to you. Have you heard someone described as “lighting up the room when she enters it”? Be that person.
3. Allow yourself to use your imagination. Imagination is where your dreams and desires begin. Imagine whatever you want, even if it seems unrealistic or unattainable. Understand that it is a fact of the universe that you create your own reality. So why settle for less than you want? Create the reality you want and deserve by imagining what your dreams are. Create the vision that you want. It may not happen or unfold as you think, but eventually if you keep believing your dream it will become a reality.
4. Allow the abundance, good, and love to embrace you. Believe that you deserve all that you have to offer. Give abundance out to the universe. As you begin to send abundance, good deeds and love to others you in turn will begin to receive those things. Allow others to be who they are, and you in turn will be who you are without judgment or criticism from others. Situations will arise in your life to help you grow and may present challenges to you. This is a part of becoming who you are; don’t let these events detour you. View them as a part of growing spiritually and emotionally.
5. Communicate thoughtfully from your soul. Realize that you thoughts, emotions and ways of communicating affects others. Communicate true thoughts as you would want them to be said to you. Reach out to others with uplifting thoughts and words, thinking about ways to spread positive energy versus negative energy. Thoughtfully choose your words understanding that words can be very important.
Spiritual growth is a lifetime of learning, and you can become empowered as you grow spiritually.